“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”
Albert Einstein covered a lot of ground with that quotation. Could he have envisioned the broader application of running a smart dental practice?
“Insanity” might be a strong word. But in the context of technology adoption the results (to the contrary) speak for themselves.
SMART technology isn’t so much about staying on-trend.
It’s more about adapting to the innovations that can help drive your dental practice’s clinical and business efficiency, patient engagement, and the overall patient experience.
According to Masa Ogata, CEO, Takuyama Dental America,
”Smart technology is prevalent in every aspect of our private lives. It seems a natural progression for practitioners to want to improve their workplace.”
Doing dentistry on the leading-edge requires awareness of the SMART tools available. It also requires that you evaluate your systems around those technologies and determine if you can achieve different (and better) results.
Integration is key to staying competitive. Keep in mind that you don’t have to invest in the latest and greatest – simply evaluate your systems and take advantage of the solutions that produce “different results.”
Strategize SMART initiatives for dental practice growth
As you know, production is a substantial driver of practice revenue. Patient acquisition and retention factor into the production cycle.
SMART technology integration into your patient-facing workflows can help improve your production. And it’s mostly about automation.
Automating those processes you once handled more hands-on could help you achieve some of those “different results” you desire for your practice.
- Automated patient appointment reminders
- Automated email and messaging for recare and reactivation
- Automated data analysis for overdue or unscheduled treatment
- Automated marketing analysis to promote lead development
Create SMART team systems and workflows
Patient care protocols become more complicated as your growth curve increases and your organization expands. It’s vital to keep schedule and production flows efficient.
Workflow interruptions can often become accepted rather than learned from and improved. A SMART approach helps refine your systems and helps assure that workflows evolve as your practice or DSO does.
- Expand your dental practice management platform to include SMART tech solutions such as a dental analytics dashboard.
- Empower your staff with SMART technology tools that improve team training, daily huddles, and supply management and ordering.
- Engage your patients with SMART technology that helps reduce chair time, provides digital options for forms, consults (e.g. teledentistry), and payments.
And speaking of patient engagement…
Implement SMART upgrades to your patient experience
A reminded patient is more likely to be a scheduled patient. It’s not a hard-and-fast rule but it beats being out-of-sight-out-of-mind.
SMART technology within a dental dashboard can give your team a well-timed perspective on who’s due for follow-up or treatment and when they’re due.
Your scheduling and production metrics will more likely improve the “smarter” your patient communication systems are. You’ll also have a more accurate idea of how missed appointments or unscheduled treatment can have a negative impact on your revenue cycle.
- Set patient treatment reminders to synch with patient data via your practice management platform
- Stay on top of patient insurance benefits remaining and deliver timely scheduling reminders
- Save patient’s time with digital forms in advance of their appointment
- Secure your A/R processes and prevent mistakes that could potentially impact patient trust
- Support your dental marketing strategies with easy access for posting online reviews and referrals
The COVID-19 era of dentistry magnified the value of remote and digital connection to care. Now, it’s common for patients to be accustomed to ongoing access – the kind that SMART technology provides.
Integration and workflow automation works effectively through an adequately equipped dental dashboard and a capable practice management system. Everything is streamlined, more seamless, and scalable across your growing practice and/or DSO.
Check out the following resources to gain insight into how you can use them effectively:
SMART automation and more is possible with an all-in-one dental KPI dashboard
The Jarvis Analytics platform…
- Integrates seamlessly with your chosen practice management software/platform
- Presents the metrics you want and need in an easy-to-view dental dashboard that reduces data complexity for growing dental practices, dental groups, and DSOs
Experience Jarvis in action. Request a demo today!
Contact us for more information about data tracking that leads to profitability.
LIKE WHAT YOU SEE & READ?
Join thousands of other people, subscribe to our newsletter, and get valuable business tips delivered right to your inbox.